Lowa, a country occupying the mid-western parts of the Unites states of America is situated between the rivers, Mississippi and Missouri. The country is known for its natural beauty comprising of rolling plains and high valleys. In addition to its popularity on attracting more number of tourists due to its serene and amazing landscape, the people who belong to this place are also achievers in their respective fields, making the place even more famous. One place which makes Lowa beautiful and famous is the Cedar falls. The Cedar falls people are illustrious in many fields ranging from politics to entertainment to sports. Cedar falls have been the home for many young and budding talents who have developed to become the pride of their hometown. Some of the famous personalities from this place are listed below:
- Adam Devine: One of the most famous and enjoyed television shows of all times is the series “workaholics” which featured in the comedy central channel between the years 2011 and 2017. Adam deVine played the lead role of this series which bought him unbeatable fame and worldwide recognition. He was born on 1983 in Waterloo. He was also a part of many Hollywood films like pitch perfect and pitch perfect 2 and featured with Zac Efron in the movie “Mike and Dave need wedding nights”. He also played the role of Andy, Haley’s boyfriend in the series ABC’s Modern family and hosted the MTV music and television awards in May 2017.
- Dan Gable : Dan gable was born in Waterloo and excels in the field of amateur wrestling. During his college days, he represented his state and competed on the mat. He lost only once in his entire collegiate career. His most notable achievement came from winning a gold medal in the Munich Olympic games conducted in the year 1972. He then headed on to coach the 12 proceeding Olympic games where he was appointed as the head wrestling coach at the University of Lowa. He became more famous for leading and coaching the team “Hawkeys” to a spectacular 15 National championships. He was also the coach of the U.S Olympic free wrestling teams in the years 1980, 1984 and 2000. He was honored by the country for his remarkable contribution in the field of wrestling. A National Wrestling fall of fame Dan Gable Museum was erected in downtown Waterloo felicitating his winnings and achievements.
- The Sullivan Braothers: Al, Frank, Joe, Matt, George are the famous Sullivan brothers who were killed during World War II, when the USS Juneau was sunk and destroyed by the Japanese submarines and troops. On remembering their historic death “The Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center” was created in downtown Waterloo.
- Tracie Spencer: Born in Waterloo, Tracie is a famous singer known for her peppy and dynamic pop and R&B singles. In the year 1977, she featured on the original Star Search which gave her worldwide recognition. In 1971, her famous single track “tender kisses” was rated #1 on the R&B chart.
- Corey Taylor: Corey was born in Des Moines but grew up mostly in Waterloo. He was part of the Slipknot and Stone Sour rock bands.
- Emily West: Emily moved to Nashville from Waterloo at the age of 18. She is a country artist and became the runner up of the famous talent show America’s got talent, season 9 in the year 2014. She is also known for her works with Keith Urban and Postmodern Jukebox.